Wednesday, May 7, 2014

My feisty girl!

Sorry I haven't updated.  There haven't been much changes. Kennedy continues to get bigger.  After she came off the vent she lost weight and was down to 3 lbs but she was retaining water so they started her on a diuretic which eliminates extra fluid. Once she got rid of the extra fluid she started gaining again. She's now up to 3 lbs 8 oz!

She's also getting stronger! Not only has she pulled out her feeding tube (twice!) but Sunday she decided to pull out her vent tube as well! I guess she's had enough of all the tubes, can't say I blame her!

She is still on the vent. Plan is to give her this week to build up strength in her lungs and give her another dose of steroids but over a longer period of time. They'll probably try to take her off again next week.

They still haven't lifted the flu ban so my hopes of being with both my girls for Mother's Day is looking pretty slim. At this point I don't know when it'll be. They say they're still admitting people for the flu so until that stops the ban is still on.

That's all the updates for now. Art and I are working on getting her room ready and I'm really enjoying that. It reminds me that there's a light at the end of this tunnel! Here's a little preview:


No comments:

Post a Comment