Sunday, April 6, 2014

2 Weeks Old!

Kennedy is doing much better! The antiobiotics seemed to have worked and by Sunday she was her normal, fiesty self! They redid her bloodwork and everything looks good. She's getting her feedings again and seems to be handling them pretty well. She gained a little more weight and is now up to 890 grams. She needs to get up to 907 to hit 2 pounds. We're hoping by tomorrow morning she'll be a 2 pounder!

Sunday her Uncle Rod made it up to the hospital and he got to meet his niece for the first time. Such a special moment! The rest of the day I spent holding my little girl. I could sit there with her like that for hours. It was a nice way to end the weekend because I had a rough couple of days. I need to get used to the emotional highs and lows of having a premie. There were a few times in the last few days that I just completely broke down. Seems crazy to me that my daughter is the one in the hospital fighting every minute of every day and there's nothing I can do to help. We just sit with her, hold her, talk to her and hope that she knows we're there with her. This is the hardest thing I've ever had to go through.  Luckily we have amazing friends and family around us supporting us! And thankfully I have Arthur and Makenzie!  Their love gets me through anything!


1 comment:

  1. She will always be a fighter! Dont worry..... before you know it she will be home with you guys. XOXO

    ReplyDelete