Wednesday, April 2, 2014

04/02/2014

Kennedy's had a couple of real good days! Her heart murmur has closed enough for them to stop the medication. She had a repeat head, heart, stomach and chest scan and all came back great! She's been doing really good tolerating the milk they've been giving her. She's up to 3ml's every 3 hours. And she's also been putting on a little more weight so she's back up to 1lb 13oz.

Monday Nana took off work and went with me to the hospital to spend time with Kennedy. We had a really nice day and Kennedy looked great! The doctor also seemed very happy with her progress.

Yesterday my wonderful friend and sister Alli was kind enough to take me to the hospital. That was really sprecial to me because we've asked her to be Kennedy's Godmother and I really wanted Alli to meet her Goddaughter. While we were there the nurse asked if I wanted to hold her and have some skin to skin time with her. I hadn't been able to hold her since last Tuesday so I was really excited! The nurse showed me how to pick her up and pull her to my chest and we just sat there together. She's so precious and beautiful! I loved every second I spent with her like that. She just layed there and slept. It was just such a wonderful visit! Tomorrow Art is taking a half day so we can go up together and I'm hoping that he'll be able to hold his girl like that for the first time.

I will update again tomorrow but here are some picture of my snuggling time with my princess!


 


 

1 comment:

  1. She's not even a month old yet and she is beyond LOVED by so many. Cannot wait to watch her run in the grass laughing hysterically with her big sister. XOX alli - THE GODMOTHER (i need a pinky ring)

    ReplyDelete